Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cooking: Takoyaki Pt 2

Finally got round to making takoyaki again. Took me about an hour from start to finish to make. Including chopping ingredients, making the batter, cooking and presenting. Once again it wasn't really takoyaki since I didn't use octopus and used a can of smoked oysters instead. Smoked oysters are seriously underrated. I admit I used to hate them, I'm not sure why because I've loved oysters all my life but something about smoked ones were just weird. But now I love them, the texture is so different and the smokiness adds another dimension.
They actually look like takoyaki now. Yes I admit I cheat. I mixed in a little self raising flour so they would puff up and fill in the mould and I also kept adding the batter in after turning them to make them round. But no one knows. Also realised you have to turn the machine on and off throughout the process to allow enough time to put ingredients in and turn them before they fully cook through.
End result. Still missing the takoyaki sauce, haven't been bothered to make some or buy some yet. Recipe will be posted soon.

1 comment:

  1. I *love* smoked oysters too. I've never thought to use them in anything other than an antipasto plate, though. You're a genius! :P

    ReplyDelete