Ingredients: (serves 1)
- 1-2tbsp of frozen corn
- 1-2tbsp of grated cheese
- 2 strips? of chives ripped into 1cm lengths (gives the onion flavour but just a hint, not a hit)
- black pepper (no need for salt as cheese is normally pretty salty)
- lemon/lime juice (optional) (cuts through the richness of the cheese, especially if you're using strong cheese like I did)
- 2 slices of bread
1. Boil some water to make coffee/tea and boil an extra 50ml for corn.
2. Put corn into a bowl and pour in enough boiling water to cover (don't want to eat frozen corn in your sandwich, gotta melt the ice and make it warm)
3. Pour out the water and mix in all the rest of the ingredients.
4. Put a slice of bread onto the sandwich press and scoop all the ingredients on top, cover with other slice of bread and sandwich press until toasted to your liking. Meanwhile make cup of coffee/tea and wash up all the bowls/graters whatever you used.
5. Eat with cup of coffee/tea.
Lesson learnt: Never use vintage cheese for toasted sandwiches, way too strong. But otherwise good taste of sweetness from the corn , saltiness from the cheese and the slight onion flavour from the chives.
Eat whilst reading the Jamie Oliver section of the Weekend liftout from the Herald Sun and the food section in the Good Weekend liftout from The Age. Jamie Oliver's pancakes with pancetta looked way nicer than my sandwich =(