Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cooking:Cauliflower Soup. Roast Lamb, Tandoori Lamb Cutlets, Grilled Lamb Cutlets, Scalloped Potatoes and Mint Sauce.

All for dinner =) So full afterwards.
Tried to make a 3 course dinner all by myself yesterday. Things didn't exactly go to plan and it ended up taking me 2 and a half hours to plate dinner up and I decided to scap dessert.

Cauliflower Soup: Recipe off taste.com.au except I forgot to add the cream at the end.
Roast Lamb: Simple roast lamb with just rosemary and no garlic (cos I couldn't be bothered)
Scalloped potatoes: Recipe also off taste.com.au. Used the mandolin slicer to slice potatoes, way way way faster.
Grilled Lamb Cutlets: Simple salt, pepper, rosemary and oil. Then grilled on the griddle pan.
Tandoori Lamb Cutlets: Brush tandoori paste onto lamb, then grill. Use sparingly, maybe mix with a tiny bit of yoghurt as the paste by itself is quite salty.

Looks pretty bad yeah? Tasted better than it looked. The chilli really packed a punch.
Yummy lamb cutlets.

Lesson learnt from today. Too many dishes for my skill level. Gotta start off simple and master doing them all quickly before combining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment