Friday, June 17, 2011

Drinks at Old Town Mamak and Ramen Ya revisted

Sorry I haven't posted in almost a month.
Because of this awesome time of the semester called EXAMSSSS
I still have one more to go but I want to just post this stuff before I forget.

Last Friday I went out with my friends which I only saw a few times all semester due to the fact that we all go to different unis/campuses.

We went to Ramen Ya for lunch. I first visited Ramen-Ya about nine months ago. I wasn't completely blown away by it but it was pretty good for the standard of Melbourne ramen. Fastforward nine months later...in my opinion it has gotten worse. The tonkotsu base was lacked depth, no gelatinous-ness whatsoever, tasted like a cheats broth of msg. All the other components were about the same and of a relatively good standard.

September 2010
Charshu Tonkotsu Ramen $10

June 2011
Tonkotsu Charsu Ramen [Ramen Ya]

You can see from these two pictures that the soup from the first one was a lot more milky (which is good as it means the bones in the soup have been boiled for long enough for the marrow to break down).

Later in the afternoon we decided to get some drinks because of the msg overload from lunch. We went to Old Town Kopitiam Mamak at QV.
Cham and  Bandung Cincau [Old Town Kopitiam Mamak]
Left: Bandung Cincau which is a rose syrup milk with grass jelly
Right: Cham which is milk tea and coffee mixed together.

I absolutely love the mugs and the great atmosphere of Old Town Mamak.

Both drinks were around $3.50-$4.

No comments:

Post a Comment