Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cooking: Spaghetti Marinara

Halfway through exams right now so really I should be studying.
Today I decided to cook creamy spaghetti marinara as the marinara mix at Safeway was almost half price. Took about 20-30 mins from start to finish.
Ingredients: Spaghetti, Marinara Mix, Cream, Onion, Garlic, White Wine
Tasted okay, wasn't exactly salty enough and the seafood lacked flavour. But the pasta sauce was really thick and creamy just how I like it. I think that's the way pasta sauces should be, especially cream sauces, just thick enough to coat the pasta. Unfortunately my family likes to drown their pasta in sauce, to the point where it is pasta sauce soup. I think a hint of chilli will make it that little bit better, next time I guess.

8 comments:

  1. :P MMMMMM
    Totally agree with how thick the sauce should be, sis likes the stuff WATERY D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know yeah jellyface? i hate it watery, its not even classified as sauce anymore.
    but everyone likes it their own way.
    Thick sauce FTW :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude the sauce wasn't even thick, it was dry! There wasn't even enough to coat the spaghetti, that's what me and Dad were saying. It was all clumpy and not smooth! I like thick sauce too, especially Carbonara but it shouldn't be clumpy and dry or watery either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. =.=" geez, how about you cook it next time and see how it turns out doug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will cook a Carbonara, after exams, and it will kick yours to kingdom kong! Bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, sorry to say but i don't exactly look forward to it. But i really wanna see the outcome. No recipes by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why no recipes? You cook with recipes too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't use a recipe for carbonara though

    ReplyDelete