Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Eating Out: Darac Grill & Bar [City]
My friend took me here for lunch as she really wanted to try it and I'm glad she did because I really like it. Food and atmosphere is great, service is lacking though.
The ordering sheet is incredibly confusing but for the lunch set menu there are 3 main steps
1. Choose steamed rice or pasta.
2. Choose you main dish (Beef, pork, prawn, tofu)
3. Choose your side (8 options)
4. Choose regular ($9.50) or large ($10.50) size meal and if you want a drink write that down too.
They have other things on the menu as well but everyone on our table went for the lunch set.
1. Rice 2. Spicy Prawn 3. Takoyaki
+ Spicy sauce
+ Succulent prawns
+ Salad to make you feel healthy
+ Included takoyaki sauce and mayo
- 4 prawns the rest was just onion
- A tiny tako (octopus) piece in takoyaki.
- Wasabi mayo had no wasabi taste
1. Pasta 2. Spicy Prawn 3. Takoyaki
I like the plate =]
1. Rice 2, Beef Bulgoki 3. Takoyaki
1. Rice 2. Tofu 3. Soba salad
Not much choice for vegetarians
Food: 8/10 Nothing special but nothing to fault either. Mediocre. Well seasoned, strong flavours.
Environment: 8.5/10 It's got a really cosy bar feel to it. Very well decorated with random pieces/objects scattered everywhere.
Service: 6/10 Full house so service was slow and things were forgotten. Food took a while to come out but did come out pretty much all at once.
Value: 8/10 Lunch for under $10, nice clean presentation, reasonable serving size.
Verdict? Definitely coming back to try some non lunch set things. The environment has got me.